"Built-in" functions are functions that are always available for
your `awk' program to call. This chapter defines all the built-in
functions in `awk'; some of them are mentioned in other sections, but
they are summarized here for your convenience. (You can also define
new functions yourself. User-defined Functions User-defined.)
* Calling Built-in How to call built-in functions.
* Numeric Functions Functions that work with numbers, including
`int', `sin' and `rand'.
* String Functions Functions for string manipulation, such as
`split', `match', and
* I/O Functions Functions for files and shell commands.
* Time Functions Functions for dealing with time stamps.
automatically generated byinfo2html